I am available for appearances at your business events, fundraisers & conventions! If you are interested in booking Mrs Portland, please email me at mrsportland2011@gmail.com



June 07, 2010

Mrs Portland at Full Speed!

It was the first SUNNY day in June, and what better way to spend it then with my pageant family. Beautiful weather, beautiful ladies and beautiful memories. The following may sound like a whirlwind of activity and WAY too much to pack into one day, but I am being honest when I say it was truly the best day of appearances I have ever experienced.

We started at Oaks Park. They were celebrating their 105th birthday, and to commemorate the day they had renovated their original carousel. We joined Drew Craney from channel 8 to reveal the new animals on the carousel and ride with the birthday kids at the park. The crowd was so receptive and cheered for us as we were introduced. Then, the kids rode the animals with us and had a GREAT time. Last, but not least, we handed out hundreds of balloons... and I'm not exaggerating. Hundreds... A BIG thanks to Marybeth, our outstanding coordinator. She is an amazing lady.

Next, Joy (Mrs Oregon 2010) and I took off to the Canadian Naval Ship- The Vancouver- to help with the private reception they were hosting. We spent the beginning checking in the guests, then we were able to go on board and mingle. Our gracious hosts took us on a private tour- a perk of being part of the pageant family! What great guys! Thank you, Gentlemen, for all your hospitality, but more importantly... thank you so much for all you have done for our country.

Around 7:15, we walked up to 9th and Burnside to meet our friends, the "One More Time Around Again Band". Joy and I were the banner holders for them in the Starlight Parade. They always show us a good time, and this was no exception. At one point, 2 trumpet players ran up and handed us their trumpets so they could dance around with the banner. The firemen who were placed in front of us tossed us around in the rescue net! We waved to the excited crowd and just smiled from ear to ear. How could we not... we were part of an amazing day here in Portland.
Again, I am reminded of just how truly blessed I am. I am part of a loving family that supports me on days like this... when I'm gone from 1:00pm to 11:00pm...when my husband has to meet me somewhere randomly downtown to pick up my purse so I don't have to carry it during the parade... when my fellow pageant sister lets me use her cell phone 20 times because my phone was in my purse...when my parents bring my son down to the parade at 9pm to see his mommy marching...I have a sweet, sweet life!

No comments:

Post a Comment