I am available for appearances at your business events, fundraisers & conventions! If you are interested in booking Mrs Portland, please email me at mrsportland2011@gmail.com



April 13, 2010

And that's a wrap...


If you had asked me 8 hours ago if I thought I was going to make it through the end of this day, I would have slowly lowered my head and meekly shook it "no". The idea of accomplishing everything that I needed to accomplish today was enough to drive me to insomia this weekend. Visions of sugarplums NOTHING! Try nightmares of tarts, caramels, nougate, cookies, chocolate tortes... and this list goes on and on. Before I was a culinary student, baking a cake was quite the daily accomplishment, so it's easy to understand my nerves as I sketched out my plan to bake and finish my 27 piece buffet.

All the intimidating (yet incredibly scrumptious) images aside... I'M FINISHED! I have offically finished all grade work for my Baking and Pastry Program at OCI! I am in disbelief just typing that. Enrolling in culinary school has been such a lofty, dream-like goal in my life for a very long time. The fact that I have completed it is mind-blowing! I have to tell you, it is an amazing feeling to pursue one's personal goals and see them come to life. Now, as I am about to start an intership at Ten01 with their fabulous pastry chef, Jeff McCarthy, I am beside myself. I am getting the chance to experience something I use to daydream about. Am I a blessed little lady or what???

Now to enjoy a little R&R the next couple of days. Hey, pursuing your goals is exciting... but it's hard work too!

No comments:

Post a Comment