I am available for appearances at your business events, fundraisers & conventions! If you are interested in booking Mrs Portland, please email me at mrsportland2011@gmail.com



April 03, 2010

Greetings from Mrs. Portland 2011


Today was the first "Meet & Greet" for the contestants of the Mrs Oregon pageant & as the newly crowned Mrs. Portland, I was on pins and needles. Libby, our director, graciously held a workshop for us in her gorgeous home, allowing us all to meet each other in person and start creating those amazing bonds that come with participating in a pageant together.

I went, knowing only one of the contestants (thanks to the wonderful world of Facebook). My emotions were a mix of excitement and nervousness. This workshop marked the beginning of the pageant season for me, which is always fun and adventurous. However, not knowing the ladies I am about to embark on this journey with put me a little on the defense. I'm not sure what it is about my personality that makes me think like that, but anyhoo- there it is. As usual, I'm not sure what I was worried about. The ladies are fantastic! I don't know how Libby does it, but she seems to attract the most beautiful, caring and professional women you will ever meet. We range from stay-at-home moms to business owners, yet this pageant is bringing us all together on common ground. We are passionate about our families, our communities and about setting a positive, inspiring example for all married women.

Pop your head in from time to time to follow me as I begin the process of preparing myself for the pageant. The next several months will be filled with community service, new friendships and a lot of smiles. I simply can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment