I am available for appearances at your business events, fundraisers & conventions! If you are interested in booking Mrs Portland, please email me at mrsportland2011@gmail.com



October 17, 2010

Making Memories

This weekend we took Ryker on our annual trip to the Plumper Pumpkin Patch. Starting in 2008, when he was just 1 month old, my family (parents, siblings and spouses) go to the same pumpkin patch and explore the animals, pumpkins and country store. I don't think I've appreciated a family tradition more then this one... probably because I am doing it with my own little family. It is amazing the memories you can build by doing little things like this. For instance, this is a picture from our first visit:

Plumper Pumpkin Patch 2008
 I can't believe how tiny he is! We dressed him as a pumpkin that year and got lots of offers for him. I remember the trip also being exhausting and a bit cumbersome. We weren't use to carrying a lot of stuff around with us yet, we were still not getting much sleep... but it was a wonderful feeling to be taking our own son to this place and starting his memories. Now, here's a picture from this year:

Plumper Pumpkin Patch 2010
Look at us! 2 years as a family... and we get to compare the changes year by year... can we bottle these memories somehow? Save the happiness and joy we share here? I have a feeling it will only take a couple more years and I will be able to sit on Ryker's lap! While I am excited to see our family grow and change, I wish I could freeze these days forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment