I am available for appearances at your business events, fundraisers & conventions! If you are interested in booking Mrs Portland, please email me at mrsportland2011@gmail.com



October 06, 2010

Something Borrowed, Something Blue...

A woman gets one day to wear the most beautiful dress she will ever own, and it passes in a blur of pictures, cake and toasts. The dress then gets sealed in a plastic bag and only admired from then on. It's a shame, I tell you... But I was a lucky girl this weekend!

I was blessed to be a part of the Rose City Bridal Show at the Portland Convention Center. I got to model the the most gorgeous gown from Bella Victoria Boutique. It fit like a glove and made me feel like a beautiful bride again. What a wonderful opportunity. And not only was the experience fantastic, but I met some of the kindest, most beautiful women I have ever seen... it was strange being amongst them. We were together only 2 days (8 hours a day) but some instant friendships were created. Maybe it was the magic of marriage in the air? The feeling of love and excitement from the soon to be newlyweds... but the atmosphere was lively, uplifting and full of happiness.

It took me back to my wedding day... the day I got to marry my best friend of 8 years. Our story may be slightly complicated and a bit non-traditional, but for us, it is perfect. Perfect because it ended with us at the alter, reciting our vows. This experience allowed me to reflect on just how blessed I am to be a married woman... to have the love and support of a wonderful husband and the unconditional love of my son. Without which, I wouldn't be able to come close to the woman I am today. What a lovely day.

Rachel and her assistant: Bella Victoria Boutiques

No comments:

Post a Comment